Calls for expression of interest: training on GBV reporting during health crises
The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) in Iraq will conduct in collaboration with UNFPA Syria Hub a training session for Arab-speaking journalists in Iraq on GBV reporting during health crises: COVID-19.
This training aims to provide participants with advanced skills in covering gender-based violence in light of the Covid-19 pandemic in Iraq and emphasise the role of the media in highlighting cases by producing good quality reports based on ethical standards.
The programme targets 25 journalists from all Iraqi provinces through the implementation of four online training workshops. Each session lasts one hour twice a week every Monday and Wednesday from 26 November until 10 December through the Zoom.
After the training, each participant will be required to prepare a report/story on gender-based violence in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Who can apply?
- The journalist should have experience in covering cases of violence
- The journalist should be able to speak and write in Arabic
- The journalist should present samples of previous journalistic work (links to press materials in the same field are preferred)
- The journalist should be committed to cover stories of GBV cases according to the standards delivered during the training
- The journalist should have a stable internet connection
- The journalist should be able to work full time during training days
How to apply?
Sunday 15 November 2020