Who Are We?
Panorama Insurance Brokers (Panorama) is a multi-line insurance broker that serves its customers in emerging and post-conflict markets. It provides a wide range of commercial insurance products to its clients across the Middle East, Africa and South America.
Panorama offers standard to tailor-made risk transfer solutions. It deploys its market relationships, local knowledge, expertise and innovative capabilities to facilitate the risk-taking activities of its clients.
Panorama provides a wide range of property, casualty, personal lines and political risk coverages. Its customers are small and medium sized contracting firms, larger multinationals and supranationals with a common interest in emerging markets.
Panorama Insurance Brokers is a trading name for Alfagates Brokers Limited. Alfagates Brokers Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and has its headquarters in London, United Kingdom.
Where We Operate
This is a snapshot of the countries where we work and have worked. It does not represent all the locations where we operate. We have lived and worked across the Middle East and Africa for over 14 years.
- SOUTHERN AFRICA - Democratic Republic of Congo, Ghana, Kenya, Somalia (including Somaliland), Mozambique, Nigeria, Sierra Leone
- NORTH AFRICA - Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Morocco, Tunisia
- ASIA - Afghanistan, China, India, Myanmar, Papua New Guinea
- MIDDLE EAST - Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, Syria, Yemen
- SOUTH AMERICA - Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Haiti, Mexico
Understanding regional security variations and the factors behind political instability, often despite country borders, Panorama provides insurance solutions to its clients in frontier and emerging markets.
Operating across multiple business sectors, our core business network has resulted in relationships with local service providers, local insurers and international reinsurers. Our deep knowledge of local laws and customs, enables us to give practical solutions to help our clients.
- JURISDICTIONAL EXPERIENCE - Ensuring local compliance and required contractual fulfilment
- EXTENSIVE DATABASE - Supporting comprehensive assistance
- EFFICIENCY AND SPEED OF CLAIMS HANDLING - Real time response is achieved through intimate understanding of the environment
- INNOVATIVE APPROACH TO PRODUCTS - Ensuring suitability
- ACCURATE PRICING - Reflected by genuine knowledge of territories and risks
- TRUSTED ADVICE - To clients and markets alike on perceived versus actual risk
- PERSONALISED SERVICE - Enabling our clients to focus on their core operations
William Wakeham (51) was the only foreign insurance practitioner inside Iraq for ten years after Gulf War Two. He is an experienced insurance entrepreneur in emerging, frontier and hostile territories. He has lived in Jordan, Iraq and UAE and run insurance operations in Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya and Somalia.
In 2004, William founded a Jordanian insurance brokerage focused on the Middle East and North Africa which became one of the world’s leading insurance brokers operating specifically for frontier markets. Their clients included many of the largest oil companies, logistics and telecoms providers, security companies and legal and accountancy practices.
William founded Iraq Business News (an online commercial news site), Africa Business News, Libya Business News, AlfaEvac (a medical evacuation company) and the Future Energy Forum (a UAE based oil and gas networking organisation). He is an acknowledged authority on doing business in emerging markets and is regularly quoted in the press and speaks at business events around the world.
His previous career included retail insurance broking in the UK and service in Her Majesty’s Armed Forces as an officer in the Household Cavalry.